Monday, October 26, 2015

Go Dawgs!

Disclaimer: I am a horrible football fan. Horrible. But a fan nonetheless. 

Our friends Mitchell and Rebecca had an extra ticket to Georgia vs. Mizzou, and through some magic ended up with 2 extra tickets and asked us to join them!

Brad and I have been trying to play it very low key with the whole buying-a-house thing, trying to save money in anticipation of the many, many expenses to come, but this was one we couldn't turn down. Brad said that when he told me about us possibly going my face lit up with excitement - sign of a good time!

The only college football game I have ever been to was a UVA game where I had been in the states for 3 months and barely understood football. Granted, I still don't understand everything, but I at least understand what a first down is now - progress! Living in Georgia for years turned me into a Georgia fan, and marrying a Buckeye turned me into a Ohio State fan, but I think I can cheer for both since they are in different conferences. Right? Maybe? I like to think so.

Anyway, we drove up to Athens, GA Friday night for the Saturday game. Athens is an amazing college town and I've had an insane amount of fun every time I've come. Fun-enough-to-hurt-the-next-day-fun. I blame Sam for the most part :)


Us at the tailgate.

The game was at 8:30 at night and Mitchell was determined to start tailgating at 9 in the morning, but we managed to talk him into pushing it back a couple hours. None of us thought we'd make the game with a 12 hour tailgate beforehand!


The spot was stellar. A friend of theirs works for a restaurant opening soon in Athens, tans the location has a back yard area with picnic tables, electricity, and real bathrooms. REAL BATHROOMS. Also, it's hard to see, and I wish I'd taken a better picture, but over on the left is the old Georgia scoreboard, which was a fitting setting for the tailgate. 


I think we ate fried chicken all weekend long. No joke: chicken biscuits for breakfast, chicken tenders for lunch, and late night chicken for dinner. Georgia fans love them some chicken. Not complaining, it was delicious, but it was a lot of chicken.


The whole group! A few folks from college, and people Mitchell grew up with. All good people. 


Mind. Blown. We made the game (victory!) and I think I had a big ole shit-eating grin on my face the entire time. The crowd, the excitement, the huge red and black stadium, just about everything made me smile. For someone who can barely call herself a football fan I was blown away and enthralled. 


Photo op! Thanks to this lovely man who made this weekend possible. Thank you, you handsome devil.


Oh yeah! To cap it all off, Georgia won!!!!

Go Dawgs!


No comments:

Post a Comment