Thursday, April 28, 2016

yummy and healthy? Inconceivable!

Yesterday was the healthiest day I've had in a long time. I am sore and hungry today, but all for good reasons.

I ate breakfast, which I never do. 
Ok, I drank a yogurt drink and ate a tangerine - but that counts!

I had a salad for lunch even if it was from a food truck
Cast Iron has salads! Who knew? I might have to opt for the Notorious P.I.G. next time (3 kinds of pork on a burger), but the jerk chicken salad was damn good.

I took TWO exercise classes
O2 is the new ESAC I guess? A few ladies I work with go, and they offer a number of classes along with their regular gym equipment. I need someone telling me what to do so I tried out a barre class followed by body pump. Barre is like a yoga/ballet/aerobic combo, and body pump is lunges/squats/push ups/all the other fun stuff... with weights. It was HARD, but GOOD. Today I am sore all over, but it's a good sore. I'd really like to be healthier, so I'll consider this a step in the right direction.

I cooked a gluten free and vegan dinner that was delicious. 
I found this recipe in a magazine and wanted to try it out and it was a total success! All the separate parts seemed super strange to me as I was putting it together, but man oh man - this recipe is a keeper. Martha Stewart wins again, and this one is getting added to the recipe book.

You can find the recipe here: Quinoa Bowl with Tahini Dressing

I used a whole cucumber and a whole avocado, and it was enough for two big dinner portions and two small lunch portions.


Now I just need to keep this healthy train going...


No comments:

Post a Comment