Saturday, February 6, 2016

Anniversary Numero Uno

Brad and I have been married for ONE WHOLE YEAR! Well, a year and 20 days now.

We met up downtown celebrating the new year in the wee hours of January 1st, 2010, and Brad swept my hair out of my eyes for the very first time. I was smitten, eloquently telling him, "I'm a mess." 

Brad replied, "I'm a mess, too" and it was pretty much perfect. We went on our first date 2 days later.

We got married on January 17, 2015 in the Dominican Republic, and last month we celebrated our first anniversary. We had talked about a low-key weekend in a cabin somewhere with just us and the pups, but after looking around we decided to just have a stay-cation in the new house. The general theme was enjoy each other, enjoy our home, enjoy our pups, and of course, spoil ourselves rotten. 

In brief: we succeeded! We picked our favorite foods and spent the weekend doing everything we love.

We got each other 'paper' themed gifts - 

For Brad, a watercolor map of Charleston (I want to get a Park Circle one down the road)' in a funky frame and another photo/quote combination with a line from one of Brad's favorite songs (that he said at our wedding).

For me, Brad got cards with painted doors (we've been trying to decide on a color for ours) which are a-door-able (see what he did there?) and a with clever twist on 'paper', a shredder I've had my eyes on!


Always remember there was nothing worth sharing like the love that let us share our name
 - Avett Brothers

On Sunday evening for our actual anniversary night we headed over to the Obstinate Daughter on Sullivan's Island and had an amazing dinner - we'll be going back. The oysters, beets, octopus, gnocchi, tagliatelle, bread pudding were are amazing, but man, I think the farro/roasted brussel sprout combination was our favorite. Overall, an amazing weekend and everything we had hoped for. 

Happy anniversary my love, and cheers to many more years, and for better or worse, many more cheesy photos.




2 comments:

  1. I love the watercolor map!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Its from http://summitridgestudio.com/. I've been itching to get a custom one for Park Circle

      Delete