Tuesday, August 25, 2015

new hobby?

Well, maybe more correctly labeled resurrected hobby - attempt #2.

I've never really had hobbies. Was never a journal writer, [something interesting] collector, member of [interesting group], practiced [sport] player, etc. Does that sound dull? I don't mean it to come across like I do nothing, as there are plenty of things I enjoy that take up my time, but not much that really fell in the 'hobby' category. I don't know where the distinction lies, but recently I've gone a little hobby-mad.

I have many ideas up my sleeve, but the one I've dived into first was making cards. I love sending cards. Not the best letter writer, and it's a good day when I actually get cards out on time, but nevertheless, I love it. Getting stuff in the mail makes me smile, and I hope to make people's day better when they get something in the mail too. I like to keep a variety of cards on hand for multiple occasions and sentiments, but cards add up quick! So I pulled out some paper, glue, and scissors and got to work.

Here is attempt #1. And a blurry Dickens checking it out in the background.


I like the idea of this card, but in hindsight I think I should have stuck to solid colors instead of prints. The mix of patterns is fun, but it masks the message, and you have to hunt for it to read it. 

But hey, not bad for a first try, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment